Your core affects your:
– Overall physical health
Try this killer Abs & Core circuit to help strengthen your core and sculpt those abs!
Ensure that you have warmed up before you begin.
ABS & CORE CIRCUIT:
– Perform each exercise one after the other with little to no rest period in-between.
– Rest 30 to 90 seconds between circuits/rounds.
– Repeat the circuit 4 times.
1. Fitball Tuck
- Start in a high plank position with your feet on top of a fit ball – ensure your back is straight and that your core is tight (Do not allow your body to sway side to side during this exercise)
- Bring your knees towards your chest, keeping your back in position – don’t let your hips sag or rise, control the movement
- Return to your starting position keeping your core tight and your back straight (no sag or rise, control the movement).
2. Reverse Crunch
- Lie on your back, arms by your side with your palms facing down to help create balance needed for the lift.
- Bend your knees slighlty and lift your feet up so your thighs are perpendicular to the floor.
- Pressing into your palms and engaging your core, lift your hips off the floor as you crunch your knees toward your chest.
- Hold your position at the top of the movement, then lower your hips, controlling the descent and not letting your back arch off the ground.
3. Flutter Kicks
- Begin by lying on your back, arms by your side with your palms facing down to help create balance.
- Raise your legs about 5 inches off the ground and keep them as straight as possible.
- While keeping your legs straight, raise a leg higher while lowering the other.
- Repeat this movement, switching around the leg that is raised and leg that is lowered.
4. Russian Twist
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent so that your feet lay flat on the ground. Contract your abdominals by pulling your belly button towards your spine, and lean your upper body back at about a 45-degree angle (keep your back straight).
- Now raise your feet up until your lower legs are parallel to the ground.
- Holding a medicine ball/dumbbell out in front of you (elbows bent) twist your torso to the left trying to bring the medicine ball/dumbbell as close to the floor as you can – move only your upper body and keep your abdominals engaged.
- Twist over to the right side once again bringing the medicine ball/dumbbell as close to the floor as you can – control the motion.
Whats your go-to ab exercise? Let me know in the comments below!