Get ready to satisfy your sweet tooth with these fluffy and flavourful protein pancakes!
One of my fondest memories of growing up, is waking up on a Sunday morning to the mouthwatering smell of cinnamon, sugar and frying batter.
So naturally, as soon as I began my fitness journey, my first order of business was to track down a healthier alternative to good ol’ pancakes. This way I can still enjoy some nostalgia, while ensuring that I get in a nutritious balanced breakfast (or lunch or dinner…whenever the cravings call)
If you’re like me and you’re not the biggest fan of banana (which most protein pancake recipes use) then this recipe is for you – or anyone looking for a delicious healthy pancake substitute.
• 1 x whole egg
• 2 x egg whites
• 120g raw oats
• 60g Greek yoghurt
• 1 scoop whey protein (I suggest peanut butter flavour)
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1,5 tsp peanut butter
• 1/2 tsp honey
1. Blend all the pancake mix ingredients together in a blender until you get a
smooth batter-like consistency.
2. Heat a pan to medium heat and grease using 1/4 tsp of coconut oil.
3. Scoop approximately 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot pan and cook until bubbles appear on the top. Flip the pancake over, and cook the other side for an additional minute, or until the side is golden brown.
Repeat this process until all the batter is used up.
4. Mix together the peanut butter & honey, and spread over the top of each pancake.
Do you have a favourite breakfast food that you are trying to find a healthier alternative for?
I’d love to help you find the right recipe, leave a comment below! 🙂
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE for more yummy healthy recipes!