Calling all sweet treat enthusiasts!
Get ready to have your mind blown with these gooey, chocolatey, luxurious brownies!
When it comes to health and fitness goals, nutrition is extremely important! No matter what your goals are, it’s crucial that your body is consistently getting all the nutrients it needs. This means being aware of the types of foods, as well as the amount of each, that you put into your body.
With that said, it’s also important to enjoy what you’re eating. Restricting certain food groups (especially ones that you enjoy) because of a fitness goal can work short term, but doing this for a long time will likely leave you sad, unsatisfied and less than motivated. Instead, work on developing healthy habits that you can easily incorporate into your wholesome lifestyle.
These brownies provide the best of both worlds! They’re a healthier alternative with an even better taste! Their luscious fudgy texture and intense chocolatey flavour make them nothing short of to-die-for! Plus, they’re gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
– Yields 12 brownies:
- 1 can (400g can) chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 sachet sucralose (or sweetener of choice) – optional
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup 70% dark chocolate chips and extra for sprinkling on top
- Coconut cream for adding on top – optional
– Prep Time = 5 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a food processor, blend chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
3. Once blended, add in the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, sucralose (optional) and salt.
4. Continue to blend until smooth.
5. Once creamy and smooth, stir in the dark chocolate chips – do not process the chips.
6. Pour into 8×8 greased pan (I used half of a bigger pan for this batch) and sprinkle with extra dark chocolate chips
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool
9. Add a dollop of coconut cream to each brownie and enjoy!
Nutrition Info – Serves 12 brownies
Serving size: 1 brownie
What sweet treats are your favourite for for the festive season?
Let me know in the comments below!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE for more yummy healthy treat recipes!