These protein-packed muffins are fluffy, flavourful and so easy to make. They only require 9 simple ingredients that are all added into a blender to bring you the most delicious healthy muffins!
I love using chickpeas in my baking! I know for some that might sound a bit strange, but they just work so well in so many healthy sweet treat recipes! If you didn’t know, you wouldn’t even guess they were in there. Plus they are full of protein!
These mouth-watering muffins are flourless, gluten-free, dairy-free and perfect as a pre- or post-workout snack!
– Yields 10 muffins:
- 1 (15 ounce) can Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or sub honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 scoop (32 grams) whey protein powder – I suggest vanilla, chocolate or peanut butter flavour
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top (dairy-free, if desired)
– Prep Time = 10 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with 10 muffin liners and spray the inside of each liner with non-stick cooking spray or grease with coconut oil (this is important so that the muffins don’t stick to the liners).
2. Place chickpeas and 1 egg in a blender and process until the beans are well blended.
3. Add the other two eggs, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla essence, baking powder, protein powder and salt and process again until smooth.
4. Fold in ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips.
5. Decanter the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
6. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly among the tops of each muffin batter.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Nutrition Info – Serves 10 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
Calories: 244 kcal
Saturated Fat: 3.3g
What’s your favourite muffin flavour?
Let me know in the comments below!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE for more yummy healthy treat recipes!